Research Safety Officer Training
DEHS offers new research safety officer (RSO) and update RSO in-person training yearly. Course information and the training materials used in these sessions are available here. If you have questions call (612) 626-6002, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no fee for training. Refreshments are provided.
This session is designed to fulfill an RSO's yearly training requirement. This year the training will include the following:
- updates in Research Safety Program;
- a review of the methods and tools available to perform lab audits;
- updates about additions and modifications to pertinent health and safety regulations;
- case studies in which RSOs examine various incidents with other RSOs and DEHS staff members;
- presentation by a RSO about his/her success story.
The RSO training materials are provided here as a resource for RSOs to refresh the training they have already attended, and as a tool to help develop the training they must provide to their department's principal investigators and other research personnel.
- RSO Toolkit
DEHS has created a toolkit, designed specifically to help University of Minnesota Research Safety Officers (RSOs) understand and effectively perform their responsibilities.
- RSO Training PowerPoints
The powerpoints for update and new RSO training are available for download, from the 2003 training sessions: