Equipment and Protective Clothing
This page offers a collection of health and safety resources that pertain to work equipment and protective clothing, such as fume hoods, gloves, ergonomic issues, and more.
- Respiratory Protection Policy
This policy protects the health of workers who wear respirators and assures compliance with state and federal law.
- Eye Protection/Personal Protective Equipment
This policy states that all University community members must wear protective eye gear if they are exposed to any physical or chemical hazards. It is governed by two federal regulations.
- Foot Protection/Safety Toe Shoes
This policy states that all University community members must wear protective shoes if they are exposed to any physical or chemical hazards. It is governed by two federal regulations.
- Emergency Eyewash and Safety Shower Installation
This policy states that an eyewash is required for all University community members exposed to any biological agents, physical or chemical hazards. It is governed by two federal regulations.
- Ansell Protective Products Chemical Resistance Guide
This guide provides permeation and degradation data on Ansell's protective gloves.
Best Glove Manufacturing
This Web site provides many ways to search for and compare protective gloves that best meet a research or work area.
- Ergonomic Resources
There are a number of resources available that deal with ergonomic issues, such as office furniture suggestions, evaluations, checklists and more.
- Respiratory Protection Program
This program has been established to protect the health of workers who wear respirators and assure compliance with state and federal law.
- Appendix B1: Medical Evaluation Questionnaire for General Respirator Use
- Appendix B3: Medical Evaluation Questionnaire for Asbestos Workers
- Appendix B4: Medical Certification
- Appendix C2: Safe Operating Procedures Form
- Appendix G2: SCBA Respirator Periodic Inspection and Maintenance