Radiation Protection >
Radioactive Waste Manual > Waste Collection
- To schedule a waste pickup a lab must complete a Radioactive Waste Collection Request Form and submit to RPD.
- Waste pickups are done on a daily basis for Academic Health Center areas with the exception of Thursday.
- St. Paul campus and all Non-Academic Health Center areas are processed for Thursday waste removal. These requests must be received before 3:00pm on Wednesday to assure Thursday collection.
- At the time of collection all waste containers will be replaced free of charge unless otherwise specified in comments on the Radioactive Waste Collection Request Form.
- If there are any problems with the waste at the time of pickup, it will not be removed from the lab and the lab will be required to fix the problem and submit another request.
- If you are inactivating or closing out a lab, make a note in the comments section of the Radioactive Waste Collection Request Form to have all containers removed.