Home > Indoor Air Quality > > Swab clearance sampling for molds without identification > Wipe Fungal Sampling
Wipe Fungal Sampling
- Dip sterile swab in sterile water if the surface is dry. Skip this step if the surface is wet.
- Wipe on defined area of surface (1 square inch)
- Wipe the swab on the surface of the culture plate while rotating the swab in the opposite direction. Use a the same standard pattern for each location. Consider using a '$' because if it shows up on the plate, time and money will be needed to clean or remove the material sampled.
- Tape the plate shut. Mark the bottom of the plate with identification information. Place in a small zipper lock bag with the bottom of the agar plate facing up.
- Prepare control samples by placing an unused plate and a plate wiped with a swab dipped the sterile water in a small zipper lock bag.
- Place all of these bags into a larger zipper lock bag and incubate at room temperature (68 - 77 degrees Fahrenheit or 20 - 25 degrees Celsius).