Virtual Ergonomic Evaluations for University of Minnesota Employees
For University employees working at coordinate campuses, extension offices, or at home, the University Office Ergonomic Program can now do an evaluation via e-mail using digital pictures.
- Take photos from four different positions:
- On the right side while the person is seated
- On the left side while the person is seated
- Over the person's shoulder showing the monitor, keyboard, and mouse (pointing device)
- A wide angle shot with the person not in the office
- Using a scanner or digital camera software, load the photos onto your computer and save as jpegs.
- Open a blank Word document. Type the employee name, department address, e-mail, phone number, and supervisor name. Press the enter key twice.
- In Word, choose Insert/Picture/From File. Select the photo from the file to insert it into the Word document. At the bottom of the picture press the space bar. Press the enter key twice. Insert the second photo and repeat until finished.
- Save the file as a Word document or PDF document. E-mail the document as an attached file to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.