Home > Services > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I do dispose of and/or replace my sharps container?
- How do I do dispose of unclaimed biological material from freezers or refrigerators?
- How do I dispose of biohazardous waste?
- How do I get my biological safety cabinet certified?
- How do I select proper disinfectants and decontaminate and clean up spills?
- How do I receive a Certificate of Environmental Compliance for my DOD grant application?
- How do I find out what training is required and when it is offered?
- How do I document training?
- How do I do a risk assessment, assign a biological safety level, or write SOPs for biohazardous material?
- How do I find out about shipping and transporting requirements for biological materials, toxins, and dry ice?
- How do I get rid of my chemical waste?
- When will my waste be picked up?
- How do I get hazardous waste labels and forms?
- Do I need training? How do I get trained?
- Where do I get the controlled substances forms registering with the DEA and State Board of Pharmacy?
- Where do I find information on controlled substance training?
- Who do I report disposition record discrepancies?
- Where do I find slurry bottles?
- Where can I purchase a controlled substance lock box?
- I canít get into a controlled substance lock box. Who can help me?
- How do I process my ergonomic rebate?
- How do I schedule an ergonomic evaluation?
- Where is the ergonomic showroom and what are its hours?
- Are ergonomic evaluations free?
- I am worried about Electrical fields from my computer how can I have them checked.
- Does my department need Right to Know Training?
- How do I do a Hazard Assessment?
- How often must I do training?
- What does the ERTKA program intend to do and what my program need to included?
- What about keeping records?
- Can I just use a video off the web or buy a video for training?
In Door Air Temperature
- How do I arrange to have the air quality checked in my office?
- I smell vehicle exhaust/cigarette smoke in my office what do I do?
- Does the U of MN routinely clean ventilation ducts?
- How do I know if I need to wear a respirator?
- Can I pick out any respirator?
- I heard you need to be fit tested for a respirator, is that true?
- What is a fit test?
- Do I have to have a fit test and medical evaluation for a dust mask?
- Where should I go for a respirator fit test and medical evaluation?
- How do I know if I need a respirator and if I am using the right kind of respirator?